Income tax of India launched Faceless Assessment for taxpayers.
Centre Government had recently notified e-Assessment scheme to facilitate faceless assessment of income tax returns through completely electronic communication between tax officials and tax payers.
- Under the new system of faceless e-Assessment, tax payers will receive notices on their registered emails as well as on registered accounts on the web portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with real time alert by way of SMS on their registered mobile number, specifying the issues for which their cases have been selected for scrutiny.
- The replies to the notices can be prepared at ease by the tax payers at their own residence or office and be sent by email to the National e-Assessment Centre by uploading the same on the designated web portal
Highlights of e-Assessment:
- No human interface with the Income tax department.
- Brings transparency and efficiency, thus improves quality of assessment and monitoring.
- National e-Assessment Center introduces team based assessment with dynamic jurisdiction.
- Expeditious disposal of cases.
- Ease of compliance for taxpayers.